All You Need To Know
Here are some of the topics we will be covering over the course of the two days.
- Introduction to map reading.
- Understanding contour lines.
- Introduction to compass work.
- Access and environmental issues.
- Mountain safety.
- Weather and planning.
- & much more.
Meeting Time : 0930am – 0430pm (both days).
Depending on the day we may go past the finishing time so please allow yourself until 5pm.
Meeting Point: The meeting point will be sent prior to the workshop.
In Wicklow we can expect to be located within 10 minutes of Laragh Village. For the Comeragh Mountains we can expect to be located close to Nire Valley or the Boola Loop.
- Waterproofs (jacket and pants)
- Warm Layers.
- Gloves & Hat.
- Lunch and snacks for the day.
- Map. The map number will be sent via email
- If you have a compass then please bring this with you.
- Head torch
Wild Summits does not arrange transport (yet!). You can check out the St.Kevin’s bus service which drops passengers to Laragh.
The zoom session will take place on the Wednesday before the weekend workshop. This will give you time to soak up all the information and get any last minute bits before hitting out onto the hills.