Starting Date: January 13th
Location: Balbriggan Sports Centre
- 4 weeks
- Adults only
- Fridays at 7pm
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- Qualified Instructor
- Equipment Included
- Presentations on rock climbing given
About the Course
This indoor climbing wall course is aimed to give you the skills to become competent at climbing at an indoor climbing wall. It aims to give you an understanding of the risks involved and how to safely operate at a wall, all while having fun and being active!
Climbing benefits the body and mind as it is:
- A Mental Challenge: working out the best route to climb
- An Achievement: when you get there!
- A Workout: an all-over body workout, accessible yet challenging.
Over the course of the 4 weeks, you will learn about:
- Safety Techniques
- Knots & ropes
- Climbing movement
- An understanding of climbing fitness and injury prevention
- How to safely operate in a climbing wall
- How to belay safely
- & more.